Teddi Mellencamp Shares Update on Dorit Kemsley Friendship Amid Cancer

Nikesh Vaishnav
Disclosure: This website may contain affiliate links, which means I may earn a commission if you click on the link and make a purchase. I only recommend products or services that I personally use and believe will add value to my readers. Your support is appreciated!

Teddi Mellencamp has a positive update to share regarding her friendship status with Dorit Kemsley.

“Dorit — since the pod — has reached out,” Mellencamp, 43, shared in her exclusive Us Weekly cover story. “Erika [Jayne] kind of told me. She’s like, ‘Dorit does want to reach out to you now. Can she?’ And I’m like, ‘I don’t know how quick I’ll be to forgive, but sure.’”

During the March 20 episode of her iHeartRadio “Two Ts in a Pod” podcast, Mellencamp claimed she had not heard from her former Real Housewives of Beverly Hills costar during her cancer battle.

“I haven’t heard from Dorit, but I’ve heard from Vicki Gunvalson,” Mellencamp alleged on the podcast. “Dorit was one of my best friends and Vicki hates me with a burning passion.”

Although Mellencamp didn’t share all the details regarding her recent conversation with Kemsley, 48, she is hopeful things between the pair will be more than OK.

Teddi Mellencamp Shares Update on Dorit Kemsley Friendship After Not Hearing From Her

Dorit Kemsley and Teddi Mellencamp
Courtesy of Dorit Kemsley/Instagram

“I definitely told her I was disappointed and I told her I filmed a pod this morning where I talked s*** about you,” she said with a laugh. “But then her message was so nice that I have to say we’ll probably be fine.”

Kemsley and Mellencamp starred on The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills during seasons 8 through 10. They had previously stayed in touch after Mellencamp’s exit.

One Bravo star who Mellencamp said has gone above and beyond the call of duty is Kyle Richards.

Teddi Mellencamp Shares Update on Dorit Kemsley Friendship After Not Hearing From Her

Kyle Richards and Teddi Mellencamp
Courtesy of Kyle Richards/Instagram

“She’s been there nonstop. Even when I was in the hotel, she would take me to go get Go Greek or whatever I wanted,” Mellencamp gushed. “Every single one of my friends have gone above and beyond anything I could ever imagine. I just think about my dad, [John Mellencamp,] and [estranged husband] Edwin [Arroyave] having to do that all by themselves because sometimes it’s not a man’s job. Sometimes you need your girlfriends and they really stepped up.”

As Mellencamp continues battling stage 4 melanoma, which has metastasized to her lungs and brain, the reality star is focused on doing activities she loves like working out, spending time with her kids and recording her podcasts.

In recent weeks, she has made special appearances on “Two T’s in a Pod” with cohost Tamra Judge and “Diamonds in the Rough” with Jayne, 53. Dolores Catania, however, has temporarily stepped in to help Judge, 57.

While her health remains the priority, Mellencamp has seen the chatter surrounding a possible return to The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills.

When asked if she would want to reunite with her costars and join the show again, Mellencamp kept the option open.

“I never say never to anything,” she said. “I can say that I’m not a part-time gal. It’s not my thing. If I do something, I wanna give it my all. The likelihood of me being asked full-time is probably the same likelihood of me saying yes.”

Garcelle Says Teddi Mellencamp Will be Thrilled That Her Name Keeps Getting Brought Up on RHOBH

Related: Why ‘RHOBH‘ Keeps Name-Dropping Teddi Mellencamp During Season 14

Teddi Mellencamp is no longer on The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, but that hasn’t stopped her name from being brought up during season 14. Garcelle Beauvais stated at the end of the Tuesday, December 10, RHOBH episode that Teddi, 43, would be “thrilled” about her continued name-drops — but let’s recap how we got […]

“I’d be happy to do any other fun job,” Mellencamp continued. “I just like to keep doing new things.”

To hear more from Mellencamp as she continues her cancer battle, pick up the latest issue of Us Weekly, on newsstands now.

With reporting by Amanda Williams 

Share This Article
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *